Warren Farm Rape Seed Oil


Here at Warren Farm we have a unique location, situated on the National Trusts Brockhampton Estate. Stunning views, traditional farm buildings ancient woodland, tree-lined watercourses and orchards.

¬†As part of our arable rotation we grow oil seed rape which has historically fulfilled a useful role as a “break crop” in the farm rotation – to suppress weeds and improve soil quality – for cereal crops such as wheat and barley. We sell some rape seed to the trade and some we cold press into oil. Rapeseed oil is one of the highest yield oils – it has very black seeds, which are like poppy seeds, and they are 45% oil – and the other 55% is high protein animal feed – an amazing piece of nature. In our arable crops we have created habitats for birds, using wild bird mixes and wildflower margins, this has helped provide sites for feeding, nesting and over-wintering coupled with margins round all arable crops have created a fantastic network of wildlife corridors.

The end result of the cold pressing is Pure Herefordshire rape seed oil.Environmental awareness is at the heart of the management of Warren farm initiatives are in place that will improve wildlife habitats and encourage bio-diversity across the farm.